I love preaching and teaching the Bible. And I often praise God that I do so in the age of the Internet at a church with fellow elders who embrace technology for the sake of getting the gospel of Jesus Christ out to the world. When I began pursuing my undergraduate degree in communications before I was a Christian and before the Internet was even a reality, I had no idea how God’s providential timing was working in my life.
I want to sincerely thank everyone in our global online audience who enjoys my sermons and helps get them out to others. It means a great deal to me personally that so many people would invite me into their life to speak into their relationship with God.
It’s only getting better because we have more free content to give away than ever. So, I’ll explain to you what is next from Mars Hill and me:
- We have upgraded our video cameras to the RED cameras used for major films like District 9. This means that the video experience at a Mars Hill Campus or online is better than live – for free.
- We have upgraded our media player by creating our own technology to handle the high-definition video content we are now capturing and are giving it all away online – for free.
- We have built an iPhone app that allows anyone anywhere to retrieve anything they want (sermon audio, sermon video, music, blogs, etc.) from the Mars Hill media library – for free.
- Beginning with the new series, Luke’s Gospel: Investigating the Man Who Is God, we are transcribing the sermons each week and giving them away online – for free.
- Soon, we will be translating the sermons into Spanish so that we can have some services with subtitles to welcome a bilingual congregation and will also give these sermons away online – for free.
- In the next year we will take many of the sermons I have preached at Mars Hill as well as at other conferences and have those sermons transcribed and those millions of words given away online – for free.
- As always, we will continue to capture in audio and video formats the conferences we host through www.theresurgence.com and give those away online – for free.
- I’ve written two free e-books that we give away online (see the last two resources at http://relit.org//library.php) and I’m working on another e-book we will give away online in the coming months – for free.
Of course, none of this is actually free since generous people are paying for it. If you would like to be generous and help us give away more, we would appreciate a one-time gift of any amount. A generous friend has pledged to match up to $1 million for anyone who gives at http://marshillglobal.com/
, so if you give now, whatever you give will automatically be doubled.
Lastly, if you think about it, please pray for the hard-working team of staff and volunteers behind the scenes who are doing all the real work to make this possible. Anthony, Jesse, John, Mike, Sarah, Jordan, Andrew, Charlie, Rick, Nick, Andy, Sam, Seth, Patrick, Grant, Crystal, Nathan, and others are pulling long hours to make it all happen because they love you and love Jesus.