- Faith. Pray that believers everywhere would trust in the Lord, especially during these times.
- Endangered people. Pray for those that are stranded or stuck somewhere. Pray that search and rescue teams would reach them.
- Assessment teams to successfully gather information regarding the status of churches and communities hit on the coast. This information will be the starting point for many organizations.
- Relief workers. Pray for more workers. Pray for skilled workers. Pray for their strength and safety. Some are working in areas where there are still aftershocks and nuclear danger. Pray for their mental and emotional health. In half of my conversations so far, people breakdown in tears because of the trauma.
- Leaders of Japan. Pray for wisdom and discernment as they coordinate the country’s efforts.
- Resources. Pray for food, water, blankets, gasoline, and other supplies to reach those in need. In Tokyo, some grocery stores were out of bread yesterday.
- Energy rationing: The greater Tokyo area has begun energy rationing via rolling blackouts. This may be due to the shutting down of the two Fukushima nuclear plants. This is going to bring hardship on many people and obstruct communication.
- Churches Helping Churches. Pray for wisdom and guidance as we consider how we can best serve the churches in Japan.
"So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." –Galatians 6:10
Image by Signalnoise. Used with permission.