At Mars Hill, Jesus is our Senior Pastor. He is also, as we've learned in Luke, the Lord
who called to Zacchaeus, the Nobleman
who left servants in charge of his resources, and the King who fulfilled prophecy by arriving in Jerusalem to die and pay the ultimate price for our sins.
This month, by his providence and leadership, we have encountered a number of passages that speak into where we’re at as a church: eighty sermons into the series and Luke 19 coincides perfectly with the end of our budget year.
We still have a fair amount to raise
in these last few days of June in order to reach our giving target. So now is the perfect opportunity for all of us to apply God’s Word and be generous, be fruitful, and worship the true King with our lives and possessions.
Already God has done so much
with the time, talent, and treasure you have given this year. Pastor Mark shared some incredible statistics
in his Investing for Jesus sermon. Here’s a quick glimpse at some of the stories behind the numbers:
Mars Hill Church has been a good investment,
- "Six months ago I was broke down, I didn’t know what I was going to do...and I was called to God." –Samantha (Mars Hill Downtown Seattle)
- "On January 2 I was shot in the head while driving on my way home from the gym. Through the grace of God I did not die and was given a second chance at life. My faith became unwavering that day [as] God saved my life twice: once by allowing me a second chance at life, twice by allowing me to be born again as a believer." –Joshua (Mars Hill Federal Way)
- "As a pastor, I have been greatly blessed and positively influenced by the ministry of Mars Hill and the preaching/teaching of Mark Driscoll. As a family, the Lord has used Mars Hill to grow us in our faith and ministry." –Jason (San Francisco)
- "We prayed that 300 people would come to our first gathering. Almost 700 showed up. After just a few weeks, we already have 70 people in four Community Groups, and people are turning away from religion, porn, and secret lives to freedom in Jesus." –Pastor Nick Bogardus (Mars Hill Orange County)
to use Jesus’s metaphor from the Parable of the Ten Minas (Luke 19:11–27). The plan for 2012 includes even more, with new campuses in Everett, Portland, California, and Seattle’s Rainier Valley.
Give by June 30
so that we can finish this year strong and stay on track for next year, following the challenging, exciting, and life-changing mission of our good Pastor Jesus.
How to give:
Additionally, you can skip the credit card fees and give regularly through an ACH withdrawal. Info at marshillchurch.org/give.
- Check, cash, or card on Sunday
- By mail (postage paid envelopes available)