Revelation 1:1-3 can be seen as a summary of the entire book. Take time to put a summary of these verses in your own words.
- What is the purpose and focus of Revelation? (see v. 2)
- Make a list of the names and descriptions that John gives to Jesus in Revelation 1:4-8.
- What do these descriptions teach us about Jesus?
- How do they compare to the way you see and/or describe Jesus to others?
- What are the two reactions to Jesus that you see in these first eight verses?
- How does each response relate to his glory?
- Read verse 8 aloud. What does this pronouncement mean to you personally?
- Pray that this series would galvanize our witness of Jesus.
- Pray that we would allow the Holy Spirit to search us and teach us.
- Pray for our view of Jesus to be as big and awesome as John’s.