Fundamentalist in Ephesus: All Head, No Heart
The love of God and the love of others will guard us against becoming heady, prideful, despising of unbelievers, and tired of the mission.
- Why was the city of Ephesus so important to the mission of the early Christian church?
- Why are cities still strategically important to the work of the church today?
- In this letter to the church in Ephesus, Jesus gives four encouragements. Which of these do you feel encouraged by? Which of these do you need to grow in by God’s grace?
- In this passage, what charge does Jesus bring against the Ephesians?
- What in your life competes for becoming your first love in place of Jesus?
- Why is actively loving Jesus more effective in bringing about gospel transformation than simply trying to avoid the mistakes of the Ephesians?
- How can we encourage one another to keep Jesus as our first love?
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would reveal to us where we are losing our first love.
- Pray that God would help us repent and maintain our lampstand.
- Pray that we would be moved and filled with love for our Savior.