“I am forever grateful to Jesus for directing me to the preaching and teaching of Mars Hill Church. I will never be the same again. Through your obedience I love Jesus more. The future looks amazing, and I have never been more stable and more focused in ministry as I am now.” –Mark, Melbourne, Australia
You’re podcasters in Singapore. You’re undergrads in Atlanta. You’re missionaries in China. You’re soldiers in Afghanistan. You’re church planters in Mexico.
If you’re reading this, you’re one of the millions of people around the world who have heard the gospel and been equipped for ministry through Mars Hill’s online ministry efforts in the past year. As we close out our budget year this month, we want to say thank you, and we invite you to help us tell even more people about Jesus.
Since June 2011, 2.4 million people have visited MarsHill.com, 2.8 million have visited theResurgence.com, and 1 million have visited PastorMark.tv since that site launched in September of last year. Here are some highlights of the last 12 months:
- 12 million sermons have been accessed through our websites, podcasts, and mobile apps.
- About 1 million songs have been downloaded from MarsHill.com/music.
- Most popular sermon of the last year? “New Marriage, Same Spouse” (Real Marriage, part 1, Jan. 15).
- The most popular post on PastorMark.tv was “Dating, Relating, and Fornicating” with over 66,000 views. (Oct. 26, 2011).
- There were over 100,000 downloads of our mobile app.
- We hosted live online streaming events like Easter 2012 and the Porn Again event.
- 5,000 free books and 127 free hard drives loaded with sermons were shipped to military personnel around the world.
- Hundreds of free ebooks like Pastor Dad and Porn-Again Christian were downloaded.
- Transcripts, subtitles, and Spanish translations were included with every one of Pastor Mark’s sermons.
Leadership coaching videos, study guides, campaign materials, and more—we freely and gladly give all of these resources away because we want to serve the church and share the gospel of Jesus with as many people as we can.
But even though we offer these resources for free doesn’t mean they don’t cost anything. For example, somebody has to pay to host all of the data that we sent out last year, and there is a staff dedicated to running these sites and preparing the materials.
Our church members generously support this ministry, but they can’t carry the whole load. If you’ve been blessed by our online ministry this year, we’d like to ask you to help keep it running and growing so that more people can be reached, encouraged, and transformed by Jesus.
Your contribution will not only fund our free resources, but also benefit all of our global ministry efforts.
Whether you can give once, monthly, or not at all, we sincerely hope you’ve been blessed by the work God has called us to do. We appreciate you and we love you.
For Jesus online, in your church, and everywhere,
–Mars Hill Global
“What then is my reward? That in my preaching I may present the gospel free of charge, so as not to make full use of my right in the gospel.” 1 Corinthians 9:18