Last week at our Mars Hill Students trip to Malibu Club in Canada, 84 students made a commitment to Christ! Praise Jesus. Tonight, we get to celebrate their new life in Christ and hear from people on the trip.
Come join us at tonight at 7 pm at Mars Hill Downtown Bellevue for the Summer Camp Reunion. This will be a time to celebrate what Jesus did at camp and to show this to our church and student families through music, testimonies, and best of all, baptisms!
We will be baptizing those students who became Christians, Deacon Willie Will and the band Citizens will be leading worship, and you’ll get to see photos and hear student testimonies from the week.
For students and your families, this will also be a chance for you to connect to our local churches. Camp was just the beginning—your discipleship and church community are just starting, and we want to get you plugged in to the church and support you as a church family. Parents and students will hear about who we are as a church, what we do, and what’s coming up at each church and ministry.
- If you’re a student and you gave your life to Christ at Malibu, this is a chance for you to declare this publicly to your family, friends, and church in baptism.
- If you’re a parent or guardian whose student became a Christian, this is your chance to come hear them talk about what that means for them and get to know the church leaders who were there with them.
- If you were on the trip, this is a chance to get to see everyone again, see photos from the week, and hear from people on the trip with you whose lives were changed forever.
- If you gave so that students could come, please come so we can thank you and you can see what your generosity contributed to.
- If you prayed, come and see the hearts of the students the Spirit is moving in.
- If you have volunteered in the Students ministry, come see the seeds that are being planted and the fruit we’re already starting to see.
We’ll see you tonight!
If you are a student who wants to be baptized tonight, sign up here.
To RSVP and to get details about parking, go to the Facebook event page.
Check out some of the photos from camp:
The trip started with a midnight pizza party and game night at Mars Hill Downtown Bellevue for all of the students heading to Malibu.
After 11 hours of traveling by bus and ferry, students were greeted upon arrival by a cheering group of Malibu Summer Staff.
The Malibu Club is located on a small peninsula on the Jervis Inlet right at the mouth of the Princess Louisa Inlet, about 100 miles north of Vancouver, British Columbia. The camp was originally built in the early 1940s as a resort by the multi-millionaire aviator Thomas Hamilton. After the resort failed to turn a profit, he sold the property in 1953 to the high school ministry Young Life, which has owned and operated it since then. Today, a few thousand students come up to Malibu every summer to hear the gospel of Jesus.
Students challenged themselves by completing the Ropes Course, which took place high up in the trees of an old-growth forest at the foot of the 7,800-foot Mount Albert.
Students played “Dunk the Leader” while competing in the Water Olympics, where the goal was to be the first person to dunk Pastor Tim.
Students dressed up in western outfits for a giant dance party.
Students auditioned and performed in a talent show on the last night at camp.
Students who committed their lives to Jesus took Communion (bread and juice) on the last day of camp.
After gathering everyone together for a big group photo, camp counselors sprayed “snow” (foam) on the entire crowd.