Mars Hill Tacoma is planting roots next to Wright Park, just north of downtown Tacoma.
We are happy to announce that we’re currently under contract to purchase the First Congregational Church building located at 918 Division Ave, Tacoma, WA 98403. According to the site Historic Tacoma, this building originally opened its doors as a church on October 11, 1908 and was used as a dormitory during World War II to house and feed soldiers. In the 1960s, it was home to Tacoma’s first food bank.
As one of the oldest church buildings in Tacoma, our plan is to raise $1.5 million and renovate the building, giving it much-needed repairs. After the renovations, we will reopen the building as Mars Hill Tacoma. It gives us great joy to know that the building on the corner of Division and South J Street will not be turned into a parking lot, but rather remain a church for another 100+ years. Our hope is to fill the building with people who love Jesus and love Tacoma.
Our heart as Mars Hill Tacoma is to love our neighbors, serve our city and be a blessing. We hope to build friendships throughout the greater Tacoma community and contribute to making Tacoma a better place to live, work, and enjoy.
Currently Mars Hill Tacoma has hundreds of people meeting together in homes and apartments throughout the area for prayer, Bible study, community, and mission.