I am really, really excited, Mars Hill Orange County. The things we’ve seen Jesus do in the first eight months of being a church are nothing short of, well, miraculous. If he continues to pour his grace on us, it doesn’t matter where we worship—be it a bar, a school, a park, or the beach! Even though it is temporary, Jesus has really blessed us with Orangewood, and I’m excited to see what he does in us and through us while we’re there. Here are a couple of things it will take.
We are not able to use any of the school’s production gear, so we need to supply our own. All of the production gear (sound, video, lights) and portable gear (trailer, cases for hospitality and kids, etc.) will cost us $93,000. The amazing news is that some people have already given generously and we already have $32,700 (or 28%) raised! We now as a church have the opportunity to raise the remaining 72%, or $60,300, above and beyond our normal tithing.
Leaders and volunteers
Moving to a new location will take more leaders and volunteers across the board. We need more Community Group leaders, kids’ ministry volunteers, production volunteers, band leaders and musicians—you name it. Mars Hill Church is more like a battleship than a cruise ship—we’re on mission, it’s all hands on deck, and everyone has a role.