We are blessed at Mars Hill Church to see lives changed on a daily basis. A lot of people are meeting Jesus for the first time, while many others are growing in their commitment to Christ. Since we’re in 14 locations in four different states, not everyone gets to hear stories from all our locations. It’s my hope that Pastor Dave Bruskas and I can share some of these great stories every week by the lead pastors and others.
1. The West Seattle church saw five spontaneous baptisms one recent Sunday! A man recently came back to Christ through the church a couple months ago, and then led his young daughter to Jesus and had the privilege to baptize her this past Sunday.
2. A man shared with one of our lead pastors how six months ago his life was in ruins, his marriage almost over, and he was addicted to meth and other hard drugs. Then he met Jesus who freed him from drug addiction and healed his marriage. After he shared this, another guy came up and said, “I used to be his drug dealer. But now I follow Jesus.”
3. One of our lead pastors met a high school student who confessed to him she contemplated suicide 18 months ago. Bullied and hurt, she saw suicide as the only way out. Then she met Jesus and placed her faith in him. Now she loves Jesus, brings her friends to church, and leads a high school Bible study.
4. One of our lead pastors shared this man’s story:
I do not know what would have happened to me and my family if we hadn’t come here. God has used this church to save my life. I was in such a dark place when we came and the love, kindness, and support I’ve received has helped me survive when I felt as though I could not carry on. The practical outworking of God’s grace that we’ve experienced here is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in 28 years as a Christian.
5. Last Sunday, the U-District church had 12 baptisms on Sunday, including five that were spontaneous at the 8 p.m. service! Many of the baptisms were students from UW.
6. Pastor Drew at U-District had lunch with a young college student who shared how grades and money have become huge idols in his life. During the second week of the Ephesians series, God opened his eyes to these idols. Last Sunday, he shared his testimony with the rest of the church and encouraged his fellow students.
7. The “Sent: Found People Find People” series has been outstanding for Mars Hill Students. Adam Ramsey says more and more students bring their friends each week. He says it’s been a great culture shift. They’re also celebrating 34 young people who professed faith in Christ in February.
Please join with me in thanking God and rejoicing with what he is doing at Mars Hill!