A lot is going on around Mars Hill as we get ready for Easter. Here are just a few of the great stories I’ve heard as I’ve talked to pastors in the last week.
- The Federal Way church had two men become Christians this past weekend. One guy was addicted to heroin, is now clean, and trusting Jesus for salvation.
- During a recent membership class, a woman shared how her life was filled with men who used her, which led to her alcohol abuse. Although she’s been moderately involved in church, she never really knew Jesus. She was forced to give up her kids and enter a treatment program for alcohol. Four months ago she walked into Mars Hill, dedicated her kids and got baptized! The Ephesians series has radically opened her eyes to who Jesus is and who she is as an image-bearer of God.
- Last week at a Redemption Group Celebration a man shared, “I’ve been a Christian for 13 years, but during Redemption Group I had an ‘ah-ha’ moment with God. It was confirmed again by Pastor Mark’s sermon on prayer. I had been praying to a big God of the universe, distant though all-powerful—then it really hit me that God is my Father and prayer to God is like talking to a dad who loves me. That changes everything!”
- Deacon Deborah Rowe, Kids ministry director at the Bellevue church, shared this story: “Last Sunday night, a mom asked her son what he learned at church, and he told her part of the ‘Gospel in Motion.’ I sent an email to the parents last week with the ‘Gospel in Motion’ video. The mom watched it, and at the end her son was crying. She asked why he was crying and he said, ‘My sin broke God’s heart.’ She counseled him and he accepted Christ as his Savior. Praise God!”
- Adam Ramsey, our Students ministries director, saw a young guy lead his friend to Jesus at school! Then a young girl shared her testimony with her entire high school class.
Thank you for following what God is doing at Mars Hill. Please pray that Jesus continues to change lives at our church.