This is our biggest and busiest week of the year! Nothing is more worthy of celebration than the resurrection victory of Jesus Christ over Satan, sin, death, hell, and the wrath of God.
We would be grateful for your prayers as we make final preparations.
- You can pray for our 14 churches and their 20 Good Friday services where we remember the death of Jesus Christ in our place for our sins.
- You can pray for our 42 Easter services spread across 14 locations in 4 states.
- You can pray for all of the staff and volunteers who will be serving as greeters, financial stewards, parking, info desk, evangelism counselors, prayer team, sound team, tech team, bands, choirs, etc. who will be pulling off a total of 62 church services this weekend between Good Friday and Easter.
- You can pray for Jesus to bring a ton of people, and save a ton of people so we can baptize them! I’m praying for 20,000+ on Easter, and 25,000 people total on Good Friday and Easter. It’s pretty crazy because, if my memory serves me correct, we had 37 people for our first Easter service in 1996. It’s been a tsunami of God’s grace ever since and there’s no other way to explain what has happened and keeps happening.
- You can pray for the satellite technology enabling us to (we hope) live simulcast every service from Mars Hill Downtown Seattle where I will be preaching live to our churches and live online.
- You can pray for the kids, as our Easter services are family style. This means that around 3,000 kids under the age of 10 will be in services.
- You can pray for our Community Group leaders as they welcome many new people in the coming weeks.
- You can pray for any media coverage we might get. Pray that it centers on Jesus changing lives and nothing else, as that is all that matters.
- And while you are at it, you can pray for me. This is the final stretch of the busiest season of the year. In addition to my normal duties as a pastor and dad, I preach twice on Friday night on the cross at Mars Hill Bellevue. We’ve got baseball practice for two of our sons and a game for a third on Saturday afternoon. My next book for Resurgence is due to Tyndale that same day. I preach the first Easter sermon on Saturday night at Mars Hill Downtown and then I preach four more times on Sunday from Mars Hill Downtown Seattle. Pray that my energy levels hold up, that my voice holds out for preaching seven times this weekend, and that I can get my book finished as well.
Thank you for praying!